Thursday, January 5, 2012

Elizabeth Giggles at 2 Months!

Elizabeth celebrated her 2 month birthday on January 3.  Here are a few photos on that day. 

She had her check up at the pediatrician, and all is well with her.  Evidently, she's an eater because she moved from 25% in weight to 75% at this visit (she's staying steady at 25% in height).  She got 3 shots and the rotavirus vaccine, so that night and next day were miserable for her and me.  In spite of having a fever and being pretty fussy, she gave me her first giggle at 1 am while I was changing her diaper!  My heart melted... that just makes everything all worth it.

I also found out the "scar" that she was born with on the top of her head is a birth mark.  The pediatrician thinks she will grow out of it eventually, and her hair should cover it.  I've researched it a little, and I think the formal name is "aplasia cutis."  It is genetic, so let me know if you remember anyone on either side of the family with something similar.  I'm really curious where it came from.  Anyhow, we are going to see a pediatric dermatologist in April to have him look at it as well.





2 comments: